There are many types of materials that can be used to provide shelter to a structure. Many types have come up recently due to the improvement in technology and the diverse tastes that human beings have come to develop recently. The common roofing examples are as below:
• Tiles come in assorted materials and textures. The appearance of their arrangement presents a beautiful view and adds to the intrinsic value of a building. They come in different materials like concrete, clay, asphalt, glass or wood. Clay tiles may be treated with a weather resistant glaze coat to prevent them from absorbing too much water thus maintain their form and structure.
• Metal roofs are a very common roofing option that comes in different shapes, and styles. It is readily available in almost every part of the world and is available in many colors. Steel, aluminum and copper are the widely used metals that are molded into sheets or tiles to be used for roofing mái tôn khung sắt.
• The fiberglass shingle material has become widespread recently due to its durability nature. It is a hard material that is lightweight, aesthetically pleasing and fire resistant therefore, a good choice for structures erected in harsh climate areas.
• Slate roofing materials are made of clay and volcanic materials that undergo heat and pressure. The material is strong and waterproof. It is expensive to buy or replace, however, it lasts a very long time and can be shaped into beautiful rectangular sheets. It is rare and used in structures like gothic style churches. It may last more than 30 years if well maintained though preferable for high rise building whose structure and base can support the weight of the slate.
• Wood has been used over a long period of time due to its nice texture and visual appeal. Pine, redwood, and cypress are the main types in use. The biggest issue has been its susceptibility to fire hence some building codes may not allow the use of it for construction. Wood can be treated to be fire resistant and that is why roofing contractors are engaged in inspections and maintenance to ensure that the resistance property is constantly maintained. Cedar shakes for example, are affordable though not easy to maintain since they are prone to getting mold especially when not well aerated. Artificial cedar shakes are in progress since they do not harbor mold.
• Felt roofs are made from strong polyurethane materials which are an inexpensive alternative to roofing that is commonly used. They are usually used on garages and garden sheds and are fixed in place by use of nails.
• Standard roofs are used only for industries and barns. They are affordable, simple to install and last long in hot climates since their nature does not depreciate in the sun. They are mainly tin and asphalt shingles that boast of being high in both quality and durability. A good contractor will advise you not to pick the cheap shingles since they deteriorate overtime. Standard roofs last for between 20 and 50 years, thus a good value investment.
• Roof specialty styles are assorted roofing solutions made from a speckled range of materials. Gravel and asphalt materials are common for flat roofs and common for commercial buildings.